1st rd done of grafting complete.

Well my truck broke down this morning, shes my wood and deer hauler so shes needed.

Bible says to be fruitful so i got 26 holes dug with my trusty spade. 13 old 2015 failed grafts now to dig up for replanting & then soon my orchard will be mostly ‘fully’ planted...

8f7706d1319a6330406e7a6dabd7c5b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. My orchard is mostly full, also. I am wondering if it is worth planting in the old cow yard on this farm, but I don’t want to battle gophers for another 10 years.

Do you add any water crystals on that sandy ground? Do you need lime?

I’m gonna graft 10-15 more this spring and if they make it i’ll find spots for them next year.

I use watersorb with the trees & 2-3 bags of manure compost. I add lime & fert later.

Time to move some compost bags to the holes, ouch my back lol....
8ad92c3afa593ddcc18fac6b089268f5.jpg

I'm at work today pretty much taking it easy, but I'm there with you in spirit lol!
That's going to be wonderful in a few years.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

@SmallChunk here is geneva crab set against eachother with Ranetka on the right. I gave the b118 to a cousin along with a centurion on b118 as Ranetka outperformed it...
bbfc9e95f6944dd0bc6783cbb7355511.jpg
28985ff374e1151c3440b4613839a566.jpg

I dont think ive ever done something more stressful in my life! Perhaps its because i care but i worked for 4hrs thats a lot of work for 1 person. I ran out of steam to do fencing for the last 15 so i’ll finish that another day this week.

Wowsers, im spent!

I dont think ive ever done something more stressful in my life! Perhaps its because i care but i worked for 4hrs thats a lot of work for 1 person. I ran out of steam to do fencing for the last 15 so i’ll finish that another day this week.

Wowsers, im spent!

You are getting old dude

Wowsers, im spent!

You are getting old dude

Lol, yeah i know...

BV - It's a hoot that you said you were mostly "fully" planted at post #476. :emoji_laughing::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You know most of us here know you a bit. Who do you think you're foolin' ?? :emoji_wink:

I'm not at all good at lying to myself, @Bowsnbucks !! I'm sore today but i'm still going back out there tonight to tinker, lol!

I think I can, I think I can, I t h i n k I c a n,

I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN!

Be like the little train BV LOL!

It's turning out great btw!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

This is my homemade water container for my orchard. Old farm s10, water tank, gravity fed, compliments to the farm owner who loves the orchard that put it together!

6206fbd18108a3feb16be0af2c97acc9.jpg

Looks like your trees maybe getting a drink from mother mature today. Looks good!

Well here it is gents, my current Orchard Layout. the top 4 on the right were not planted on purpose (farmer field drift worries) for naughty chems. The bottom 3, the 1 to the far left was done on purpose (would block a deer blind that is a residents fav spot so won't plant 1 there) the other 2 I had 2 trees that I lost the tags for and another person really wanted some trees. So i gave away 2 doubles (geneva & centurion) and 2 unidentified, now known to be Holiday & Frostbite, bummed I don't have Holiday now...oh well. 59 trees in total are in my orchard, except for the 2 spots at the bottom left and with some careful thought, the top 4 this particular area is full. All full or semi standard trees so i gave them all 30 feet on each side. I will perhaps plant some on the hill by the old 3 trees still standing from the orchard back in the late 1800s that have newly planted children in my orchard. :)Orchard.jpg

Special thanks to these folks that supplied scion when I got started and now have a place on my orchard. @greyphase @CrazyEd @Turkey Creek @WTNUT @SmallChunk @Lot2Learn @aerospacefarmer

Well here it is gents, my current Orchard Layout. the top 4 on the right were not planted on purpose (farmer field drift worries) for naughty chems. The bottom 3, the 1 to the far left was done on purpose (would block a deer blind that is a residents fav spot so won't plant 1 there) the other 2 I had 2 trees that I lost the tags for and another person really wanted some trees. So i gave away 2 doubles (geneva & centurion) and 2 unidentified, now known to be Holiday & Frostbite, bummed I don't have Holiday now...oh well. 59 trees in total are in my orchard, except for the 2 spots at the bottom left and with some careful thought, the top 4 this particular area is full. All full or semi standard trees so i gave them all 30 feet on each side. I will perhaps plant some on the hill by the old 3 trees still standing from the orchard back in the late 1800s that have newly planted children in my orchard. :)View attachment 18184

Special thanks to these folks that supplied scion when I got started and now have a place on my orchard. @greyphase @CrazyEd @Turkey Creek @WTNUT @SmallChunk @Lot2Learn @aerospacefarmer

Great job and great organization! I ‘m jealous. You should see my mess!

Looks great! I planted at our farm on Saturday, and was surprised there were 2 trees still holding some fruit. Winter Wildlife Crab, and Centurion Crab. The other thing I love about centurion, the color of the blooms, it's a stunning tree!

Cheers!

Glad to see Pristine too:
IMG_0401a_zpswk2dgxbj.JPG