All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

BRK/A is on sale today for $620,000.00 a share. My mind can't take numbers like that. I thought Chipotle was high at $3,200.

The stock was $19 in 1965. Did you miss that opportunity? Lol.

I been buying Berk B.

And chipotle in fractions

God forbid they tell congress to slow down the rate at which they and the bankers suck the wealth out of the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I mentioned on here to buy Chipotle when it was 2900. I bought one share. I wish I would have bought more. I would think there will be a nice gain when it splits.

I believe we all have about 6 months to get as much $$$$ invested as possible because once we have ANYONE other than biden things will be booming again. OIL will rise BIGLY! jmo

Wish I knew when the ballon was going to pop for sure. I’m really considering pulling about 50% of my portfolio out of stocks and sitting on the sidelines with cash reserves. Buffet’s own metric shows market overvalued and I doubt it’s a coincidence that he is sitting on 182Billion in cash. If the yield curve comes out of inversion in the next 3-4 months likely all hell will break loose in the markets.
Probably right about the yield curve reversing. If the MM cash yield starts to reduce, look for investors piling into longer-term bond funds to lock in higher rates.

"Bond King" Bill Gross, of Pimco fame, is into MLP's nowadays, and dividend-paying stocks for growth & yield. He recently said that the days of "total return" in the bond markets are over. He said, "bond total returns are dead as a doornail." Don't know who on here follows bonds .......

BRK/A is on sale today for $620,000.00 a share. My mind can't take numbers like that. I thought Chipotle was high at $3,200.
Our one son is responsible for a good portion of the Chipotle rise. They ought to build him a room so he can live there. They just opened a new one right down the road from us. Booming here.

Our one son is responsible for a good portion of the Chipotle rise. They ought to build him a room so he can live there. They just opened a new one right down the road from us. Booming here.
They do make a good product with healthy sized portions for sure. Always makes sense to be involved with a product that sells itself.

They do make a good product with healthy sized portions for sure. Always makes sense to be involved with a product that sells itself.
No doubt a stock Peter Lynch would love for a "5 or 10-bagger." I've studied Chipotle a bit, and it's said repeat/return customer base is thick. As you said above, it sells itself.

Wish I'd have noticed it after the IPO!!!

No doubt a stock Peter Lynch would love for a "5 or 10-bagger." I've studied Chipotle a bit, and it's said repeat/return customer base is thick. As you said above, it sells itself.

Wish I'd have noticed it after the IPO!!!
Every time I get something from there I feel like I'm the man vs food guy trying to set a record. I doubt they get any complaints about the portions being too small. GOOD STUFF

Probably right about the yield curve reversing. If the MM cash yield starts to reduce, look for investors piling into longer-term bond funds to lock in higher rates.

"Bond King" Bill Gross, of Pimco fame, is into MLP's nowadays, and dividend-paying stocks for growth & yield. He recently said that the days of "total return" in the bond markets are over. He said, "bond total returns are dead as a doornail." Don't know who on here follows bonds .......

Is he saying there is no chance interest rates go down from here? There are two schools of thought there.

One, rates should go up from here, and by a good amount until inflation subsides. Problem is, the source of inflation doesn’t have to pay the cost of inflation, so it cannot stop.

Two, at any moment the fed could just start cutting rates for shits and giggles, economics be damned. They had no problem getting us here. Why stop now?

Is he saying there is no chance interest rates go down from here? There are two schools of thought there.

One, rates should go up from here, and by a good amount until inflation subsides. Problem is, the source of inflation doesn’t have to pay the cost of inflation, so it cannot stop.

Two, at any moment the fed could just start cutting rates for shits and giggles, economics be damned. They had no problem getting us here. Why stop now?

OPTION 3: Get someone in there that knows what the hell they are doing.

They’re doing exactly what they’re supposed to do. They’ve got a mandate to break the poor and middle class once and for all. They’re doing a hell of a job. That’s the whole…

1cfd4ac64dfa896206fb994736b92738.jpg

I wonder where they think they will generate any revenue after they make the taxpayer extinct?

I believe we all have about 6 months to get as much $$$$ invested as possible because once we have ANYONE other than biden things will be booming again. OIL will rise BIGLY! jmo
Or do they intentionally crash the economy and blame him once in office?

I only quoted what Bill Gross said. I don't know what his views on future interest rates are / will be.

Personally, I don't think rates will come down quickly. If that happened, I think things would overheat rapidly. I don't have the insider knowledge / experience Gross has. I only know he said he's into MLP's and dividend-paying stocks now, and the shine has come off bonds for him (in terms of 'total return.") At least that's what he said. His words have weight in investment circles, but who knows if he has a behind-the-scenes move planned.

Last edited:
Buffet said he likes how Powell is handling things. Said Powell is "a very smart man."

Our economy is part of the global economy, so many factors enter play on the U.S. economy - and vice-versa. I can tell you gents, that with the daily reading I do on many investment sites, the global security situation is the driving force behind many money / economic moves right now. If inflation was "normal", (core inflation is about 3% now - down from the peak in 2022), the global security / possible wars scenario is still the biggest worry for all global economies. The "peace dividend" we enjoyed for about 30 years + is done. Russia's invasion of Ukraine ended it, and China's aggression in the Pacific is only adding to the problems. Many countries' economies are shifting into war-mode ........... sadly. European / NATO countries are ramping up defense spending at a rapid pace. A few power-hungry, greedy b-trds around the world can eff-up everyone's plans.

“Core inflation is about 3 % now”. LOL. That’s what the libs say every time in their talking points that the economy is doing great. Hah. What is core inflation? Very vague.
Check your car insurance lately? Up 26% this year. Check your home owners. Up 12% this year. Gas is up, rents are up and groceries are now a luxuryfor a lot of people. These are things the consumer is feeling every day. Keep on thinking inflation is down and everything’s rosy. if you want. Core inflation, another lib talking point with global economy not based in reality.