All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grin Scion Waking up

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
About 70% of my Grin scion is awake. My rootstock wont be here for about 2 weeks. None of my stock from others is awake. Idk how to slow it down or what the heck to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I grafted some of mine to M111 and put them under lights at 70 degrees last Wednesday. I only have one that is just starting to swell. Perhaps it is the specific variety. I presume you've got them in the crisper. I've kept scions for a year in the crisper without them waking up.

Thanks,

Jack

I can't imagine why they would be waking up if you have them in the crisper like yoderjac mentioned. I too have had them for over a year and I have more of a problem with mold then them breaking dormancy.

I've only ever had mold on the paper towel show up, you just replace that, not a big deal. Idk, never had this happen the last 2 years I've been doing this.

Got any fruit stored in that fridge? Otherwise I would say your fridge temp isnt as cold as you have had in the past.

Got any fruit stored in that fridge? Otherwise I would say your fridge temp isnt as cold as you have had in the past.

Must be the 2nd cuz fruit around here is nasty to buy this time of year. :)

some of the scions I had ordered last year were wide awake when they arrived, I wrapped them in moist paper towel, put them in the crisper, and had to store them for a couple weeks before I could graft, some had little leaves when I grafted. I grafted them anyway, bagged the graft and the scion and misted the inside of the bag to keep the humidity up. Some worked, some did not. picture could be better, but should give an idea of what I did.DSCN0277.JPG

I've only ever had mold on the paper towel show up, you just replace that, not a big deal. Idk, never had this happen the last 2 years I've been doing this.
Take a pic of the scions or ask the rootstock guy to push up shipment. I picked mine up at Cummins last week and grafted all my GRIN scions and hoping for the best