All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaughn nursery

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
Saw this figured id share it with ya'll.

Man for someone starting out and dont want to graft, how could you go wrong for this cheap?

Disease resistants like ark black, liberty, a late hanger like Gala for $7 shoot, crazy cheap.

http://vaughnnursery.com/apples/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find BV, I hope this guy is successful.

For my location in 5b, I am not sure the 600 to 800 chill hours he mentions would be enough to protect against an early spring / late frost. I am still getting my arms around chill hour requirements after reading the link aerospacefarmer posted in the "warm weather effects" thread. The low chill hours varieties that are an advantage in Tennessee, might not be an advantage where we have longer and colder winters. If I am mistaken, I won't be offended if someone corrects my understanding.

I wouldn't worry about that at all, as long as you have a variety and rootstock for your environment thats all that matters.

Anyone ever heard of this place? For the price for Standard disease resistant trees you really can't beat it.

Folks on other forums are buying from this with no problem.

Here are some peach trees someone got. Trees look nice to me.
d16b948931ea3d4bfd9ec8d799e75e93151c950d_1_562x1000.jpg

Those look good. I sent them an email.

Sent an email as well. Those prices suit my budget!

Edit: He promptly replied they are all sold out for this year. Said to order early.

Last edited: