All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They sure don't make shotguns like they used to

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +

How long is the barrel on that cannon?

Last edited:
Yep, It's a Marlin Goose Gun with a 36 inch barrel. I kind of have a warm spot in my heart for those old boogers!

Last edited:
My dad gave me his H & R single shot 10ga back when he gave up waterfowling. Nothing quite like swinging that 36" howitzer barrel across the sky. Even at 9lbs. it is a harsh wake-up call pulling the trigger at 6 in the morning.

My dad gave me one of those in 12 gauge when I was about 11 years old. First shot set me on my rear, but I learned to be tough.:D

Last edited:
Had that happen once myself when I was about 13 or 14. Double tapped both triggers:oops: on my uncles hammerless 3-1/2" 10ga dbl barrel :eek:while standing in knee deep marsh shooting at a flock of geese. Knocked me right on my back into the swamp. I was soaked, the gun never even got wet, not 1 drop. He would have killed me.:eek:

LMBO!

Winchester model37 12 gauge. P1010002.JPG

Sweet 37 you have there! My second shotgun was a 37, 20 gauge. Still have it in the arsenal. It looks like a little brother to yours above.
It was my grandfathers..He gave it to me a couple years ago before he passed..

Last edited: