All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stealth Cam Deceptor not responding for the past two days, since server went down.

West_Fork

5 year old buck +
Well, after the Stealth Cam server went down last weekend I have had issues with a Deceptor model that has not check in for two days now. Also seems that it is missing a lot of traffic right before it went unresponsive. Battery is full, signal is better than ever with the leaves off, card is 1/3 full. I tried performing an on demand photo which just hung.
I may have to do a reset on the camera.
The reactor model I have is working fine, more or less.

Anyone else have stealth cam issues?

Well, the Deceptor started working again for a week or so after clearing the card remotely, and then stopped syncing and sending photos again. I am pretty unhappy with stealth cam at this point. Customer service sucks, if you add another email to your account, you cannot remove it. Or at least I am unable to find a way. I cannot even tell who, if anyone, has access. I am going to have to drive three hours to remove, reset, and re-add the camera.
I think the on demand function is part of the culprit. I believe turning it on is what lead up to the camera to stop responding.
My other cellular stealth is a "Reactor" and it has been more stable, but the detection setting is atrocious, way too sensitive and I get a lot of photos of nothing, and it is not adjustable like the Deceptor. I will probably throw some blinders on it to reduce the field of view of the sensor.