All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprayer for back of Polaris ranger

tbarile

5 year old buck +
I currently use a 15gallon fimco sprayer on my 4 wheeler for food plots. It typically requires multiple refills which takes extra time. Been looking for a larger one to put on the back of my ranger and came across a 25 gallon that is on a trailer. Anyone ever take the sprayer off the trailer on put in the back of a side by side? Any issues? Thanks

Yep, exactly what I did. Removed it from the trailer base, Mounted it to a board and then strap it down in the back box. Simple to do. Also added a homemade foamer…ugly but effective.

Yep, exactly what I did. Removed it from the trailer base, Mounted it to a board and then strap it down in the back box. Simple to do. Also added a homemade foamer…ugly but effective.

What is a foamer?

Foam marker…drops a foam ball every so many yards so you can see where you sprayed.

IMG_8989.jpeg

25 gal

I have used a 25 gal Fimco sprayer on the back of my Kawi ATV and Kawi Mule for years. No issues.

I currently use a 15gallon fimco sprayer on my 4 wheeler for food plots. It typically requires multiple refills which takes extra time. Been looking for a larger one to put on the back of my ranger and came across a 25 gallon that is on a trailer. Anyone ever take the sprayer off the trailer on put in the back of a side by side? Any issues? Thanks
You can certainly do this, but a tow behind sprayer expects it's boom to be at a certain height. When you put this is your Ranger, the boom will be much higher, and affect your coverage. I'd figure out a way to lower the boom. You'll probably need some hose to reach from the tank to the boom, as well as a way to mount the boom lower.

Hey, whatever works! Way to be inventive.

I have a 50 and a 25 in My 500.I use for burning also,usually the 50 for that.I made an L shaped square tubing that goes in my receiver and comes up about 3ft and has a boomless tip

You could also have a tow behind tank to transfer from, if you got a old small trailer. 55 gal drum or two. No reason you couldn't make base for a 55 gal drum tilted down a bit and use that in the bed. they make smaller 30 gal drums too. Could even buy another 15 gal on sale and T them together. This way you got a spare pump too.

Heres a good photo of one used on a golf course for reference. Keeps you on track!
What is a foamer?

Attachments

• IMG-20151022-00087.jpg
    IMG-20151022-00087.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
Strapping it down is a good method for keeping in any box.
id make sure that the tank size isn't too big for the machine though. Example, a 50g cannot go on an ATV. But a UTV should be fine up to 100g.

You can certainly do this, but a tow behind sprayer expects it's boom to be at a certain height. When you put this is your Ranger, the boom will be much higher, and affect your coverage. I'd figure out a way to lower the boom. You'll probably need some hose to reach from the tank to the boom, as well as a way to mount the boom lower.
I use a trailer hitch boomless. Works great. Puts a correct height. About 100 bucks.

I use this one. But found rebranded at a much better price.

Eventually I put new higher gpm pump. Sprayer gun and hose. I find If you Teflon tape and reseal all hoses they work better. This is trailer hitch boomless I use.

I bought cheap ones till I said enough. I would rather have 1000 in one that works most every time than crossing my fingers on a 300 dollar rig.