All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly Frustrating

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
I have not been able to spray rose bugs & aphids in the past 2 1/2 weeks because at the minimum every other day its rained. We got 1.4 inches yesterday, no rain round 4 am today, then its supposed to rain tomorrow, sunday and tuesday, so more time of no spraying to control. Frustrating.

If your willing to go through the trouble of spraying you will get good control of existing populations if you have a few hour window of no rain. Obviously we all like to have a little residual control after spraying, but sometimes just knocking back your current population is enough to keep the damage to a minimum.

I have not been able to spray rose bugs & aphids in the past 2 1/2 weeks because at the minimum every other day its rained. We got 1.4 inches yesterday, no rain round 4 am today, then its supposed to rain tomorrow, sunday and tuesday, so more time of no spraying to control. Frustrating.

Yep, same here, I got my first spray at 90% pedal fall on May 19th. Since then it has been either raining, threatening rain or too windy to spray. Last year I had three sprays in by now. With camp being over one hour from home and the weather it has been really tough.

Lots of rain here too, - and windy many days. Been tough to get good conditions to spray. I'm also 3 hours away from camp. Makes timing even harder.

On Monday I went to the farm and sprayed because the Rose Chafer beatles were so bad last weekend. I figured drowning them in poison might work so I went a little heavy. I think it's rained every other day this week. Hopefully it got 'em. I just couldn't do nothing.

I sprayed for Rose Chafers last week on one of the days it didn't rain. Guess i missed this cherry tree.
20170619_180728.jpg

We have had some much rain, I have mushrooms growing where I can't get other seed to take ...

I'm sure by the end of spray season I will have sprayed 3-4 more times than last year. It's just part of the deal. This scab season was real hard to deal with.