All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedling pines in bulk??

ncstewart

5 year old buck +
Arkansas forestry already sold out so does anyone know where to buy bulk pines for a decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arborgen

bill

MDC.

I have ordered from Musser Forest in PA in the past. Usually 1-3k annually. I have been really impressed with their quality, size, price.
The big thing when purchasing conifers IMO is plant as soon as you can dig a hole in the spring and order from a nursery that cuts and ships them to you within a few days. No cold storage like you get with a lot of nurseries/conservation districts.
I switched to a local pick up place but used Musser for 10 yrs or so. Plant early, and dip the roots in Water keep/water sorb and I've been close to 100% survival most years.
Only hiccup is if they have a late spring and you have an early one and they can't cut when your spring arrives :)

I have ordered from Musser Forest and was very happy with the trees.

Flickinger's Nursery in Pa. as well has good trees. We've ordered spruce and balsam fir from them for 2 years and they are nice seedlings. (800) 368-7381. www.flicknursery.com $65 to $80 per 100 seedlings, depending on variety and age of seedlings. They have pines, spruce, & fir.

Thanks yall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also bought from
superior trees in florida and had good success

bill