All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schlabach’s Nursery catalog is out

Apple Junkie

5 year old buck +
If you missed out on some of your favorite apples earlier, all is not lost. Schlabach’s Nursery is probably one of the better family-owned nurseries you have never heard of. Because it is Amish owned, they don’t have a website. They still send out catalogs, and orders are placed by mail and paid for with check or money order. Glancing through it today, I found some varieties I missed out on earlier.

I have purchased from them in the past and been very happy with their trees. At $18 each, I can afford to try some unique varieties, and I can still get varieties like Crimson Crisp Enterprise, Fugi, Grimes Golden, and my all-time favorite Ida Red. Unlike in past years, they have included an insert which tells you what rootstock each variety is grafted to. I pick up my trees at their nursery and it is quite an impressive operation. This year I am squeezing in a Crimson Crisp, Enterprise, and another Ida Red… all close to the cabin, more for our consumption than for our greedy deer population.

If interested, you can request a catalog by calling 800-600-5203. If you have questions, you can leave a voice message and I assume they will call you back (585-798-6198).

Last edited:
If you missed out on some of your favorite apples earlier, all is not lost. Schlabach’s Nursery is probably one of the better family-owned nurseries you have probably never heard of. Because it is Amish owned, they don’t have a website. They still send out catalogs, and orders are placed by mail and paid for with check or money order. Glancing through it today, I found some varieties I missed out on earlier.

I have purchased from them in the past and been very happy with their trees. At $18 each, I can afford to try some unique varieties, and I can still get varieties like Crimson Crisp Enterprise, Fugi, Grimes Golden, and my all-time favorite Ida Red. Unlike in past years, they have included an insert which tells you what rootstock each variety is grafted to. I pick up my trees at their nursery and it is quite an impressive operation. This year I am squeezing in a Crimson Crisp, Enterprise, and another Ida Red… all close to the cabin, more for our consumption than for our greedy deer population.

If interested, you can request a catalog by calling 800-600-5203. If you have questions, you can leave a voice message and I assume they will call you back (585-798-6198).

Rochester NY area? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk