All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planting cover in plots

Rally1148

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have experience with planting a row, meaning 1 pass with your disc however big it is, of Egyptian wheat in the middle of a plot? I'm thinking of running an LC mix type deal next year, and i was thinking of adding a 6 foot line of EW to add some extra cover.

Its awesome. Get a good stand and the holes you create dictate where the deer will be. And its easy to enter and exit ground blinds on the field.

..but do 1/3 wheat, 1/3 sorghum, 1/3 millet so you have 3 heights for structure.

Its awesome. Get a good stand and the holes you create dictate where the deer will be. And its easy to enter and exit ground blinds on the field.

..but do 1/3 wheat, 1/3 sorghum, 1/3 millet so you have 3 heights for structure.

normal wheat? How do these stand up to snow? I just like this plan a lot more than putting spruce or shrubs in there. I like the flexibility!

e wheat I typed but was spell checked. Egyptian wheat.

No worries! I just wanted to be sure.