I am afraid to ask or start but is anyone trading scions???

Bur - I never heard or read of Dolgo ( seedlings ) having different drop times or fruit size. That's a good thing to know. Where does one buy Dolgo seedlings ?? I haven't seen them advertised at Cummins, ACN, or SLN. Do you buy Dolgo rootstock and just grow them, or are there Dolgo seedlings that are 3 to 5 ft. tall available ?? ( for time saving )

That Dolgo in your pic looks like a heck-uva tree as it stands. Thanks for the pix.

This is the best price place i found.

http://www.chiefrivernursery.com/store/Dolgo-Crabapple-Seedlings.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art whats the size of these 'firecracker' crabs, any pics?

I will have to dig back two years in pictures and try to find some. A late frost took out 95% of my apple crop in 2016.
I would say 1.5 to 2 inches.

I'm in who wants to hook up 'ol BV with some Firecracker, billy bobs red flesh, scarlet surprise scion. :)

https://www.jungseed.com/P/30482/Firecracker+Crab+Apple

FirecrackerCrabApple.jpg

Looking for Wickson if anyone has a couple sticks to spare.
I have liberty, enterprise, gold rush, dolgo, an wild mo apple that drops in mid Oct if anyone is interested

Looking for Wickson if anyone has a couple sticks to spare.
I have liberty, enterprise, gold rush, dolgo, an wild mo apple that drops in mid Oct if anyone is interested

Jordan, I have one small Wickson crab and may be able to get some scion wood from it. I will check the next time I get to camp.

Jordan, I have one small Wickson crab and may be able to get some scion wood from it. I will check the next time I get to camp.
Thank you. I grafted a couple last season that did not take. I was bummed as I was most excited about this variety. A crab thats said to taste awesome!

Thank you. I grafted a couple last season that did not take. I was bummed as I was most excited about this variety. A crab thats said to taste awesome!
It may take a week or two to get back to camp but I will let you know, I expect that I will be able to prune some for you.

It may take a week or two to get back to camp but I will let you know, I expect that I will be able to prune some for you.
Sounds good
Don't need much. Just a stick or two

Mine has been pretty low vigor, I'll check to see if I can come up with a decent scion for you.
I have some water sprouts on mine that need to come off. Are they OK for scion?

I'm in search of the following.

Jonagold
Spitzenberg
Ashmed kernal
Newtown pippen

I may be able to help on Ashmead and Newtown. I have to see how the trees do over the winter (by which I mean remember if they are big enough to start getting anything worth grafting off of).

I'm looking for some good crabapple scion wood for deer, varieties like:

Chestnut crabapple
All-Winter Hangover
Winter Wildlife crab
Trailman crab
Violi's hanging crab
Wickson crab
Centennial crab

I have a backyard orchard of 90 trees but it is still fairly young, the oldest trees are now 5 years old so I'll have some scion wood available come February.
Here's a list of some of the "older" (3-5 years old) trees in my orchard that I should be able to get some scion wood off of:

RJ Gold
Golden Delicious
Honeycrisp
Zestar
Liberty
Wolf River
Granny Smith
Smoothee
Ruby Mac
Crimson Crisp
Sweet Sixteen
Enterprise

I'll let you know after I prune as to the diameter, but I should be able to get you some chestnut, violi's, Hangover, and WW.

I am going to be looking for the following scion.

Black Limbertwig
Liberty (still unsure on my one graft if its liberty or some crazy rootstock growth so close to the graft mark.)
Airport Crab
Winecrisp
Freyburg
Fameuse
Pixiecrunch
Rubenette
Irish peach
Mother
Pudget Spice Crab
Kingston Black
Paulared

I've got you on the Liberty. And that American Chestnut I promised!

This forum really does amaze me.
It's a pretty cool community. Hopefully it continues to grow.
I know that I've benefited a LOT from hearing the advice of those who have been around and growing apples much much longer than I have. I hope to have more to give back in a few years once my trees grow a bit more.
I'm happy to pay someone like maple valley orchards for the scions (and even happier to get them for free from GRIN) but there's something even cooler about getting from this forum from people with shared interests and a willingness to share their scions so others can grow their addictions!

I'm looking for any Asian persimmons.

I'll let you know after I prune as to the diameter, but I should be able to get you some chestnut, violi's, Hangover, and WW.
Thanks Rally!

1 more variety i'm looking for. Gravenstein.

BV I can get you fameuse, Kingston black and pixie crunch