All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great place for clearance gear (clothes and boots)

Rally1148

5 year old buck +
Hey all,

I'm in the business for new baselayers, and I'm still stuck between scent lok baseslayers (the ones with the scentlok in them) and just going full merino. I'll probably just get the lightest weight scentlok and then get some nice leggings and a sweater to put over them... EITHER WAY, in my search, I found a website called 6pm.com. It has a lot of merino and performance gear (smartwool, Patagonia, UA, Helly Hansen, etc...) A lot of them are "mountaineering" gear, but as far as finding quality stuff, they have it. My sister uses this site all the time, and they are indeed legit!

I just thought I'd share!

i personally prefer merino (natural fibers) over the synthetics especially for the base layers....warmth to weight/bulk ratio is far superior. I have a set of scent lock base slayers and I dont like them much...the fit and the quality are garbage. I'm not an odd shaped dude either, i'm about as prototypically size large as they come. The shirt isnt long enough to stay tucked, let alone tuck at all. the pants had a really cheap shoe string waist cinch that ripped the first time i tried to tie it tight enough to get a snug fit on my waist. these were first generation so maybe they got a better handle on that stuff now.

A quality smart wool base layer is the best I've found by far. Great stuff.

Big fan of the merino wool base layers. I have and old set of sentlock baseslayers. They are nice but don't wick the moisture like wool does. I got Ice Breakers for Sierra Trading post. They had a good price and service.