All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fruit trees for Spring 2023

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
What does everybody have ordered in the way of fruit trees - apples, crabs, pears, persimmons, whatever??

For our camp - 1 Buckman, 1 Turning Point, 1 Ed's Crazy crab, 1 Roadkill crab, 1 Sweet November. All Blue Hill trees.

Wow Buck great minds eh? 1 Turning Point, 1 Ed's Crazy Crab, 1 Roadkill, 1 #5 Crab, 1 Big Dog, 1 Harvest Pear, 1 RubyRush..all from Blue Hill...
Got 2 Golden Hornets, 2 Rut Rage Pear, 1 Droptine, 1 Enterprise and 1 Macoun from Whitetail Crabs already planted this fall...and now the waiting begins...

4 Dolgo, 2 buckman, 2 Kerr, 2 liberty and 2 enterprise from Blue Hill and (4) 30-06 from Whitetail crabs. Got my work cut out for me as I’m in heavy bear country but I’m gonna give it a try! Not getting any younger and I’ve always wanted a deer orchard.

From Bluehill:
1 Sweet Advent Pear
1 Big Dog Crab
2 Turning Point Crab
1 Candy Crab
1 Meader Persimmon

From Chestnut Hill
2 Deer Candy Persimmon
2 Deer Magnet Persimmon

Also have 7 Liberty apples to transplant from the garden that I grafted last year.

I'm pretty much tapped out after this for fruit tree space.

From OneGreenWorld 2 more White Cloud apple
A couple Yellow Transparent with a couple others but I can't remember where from or the exact order...suprise box in March I guess.
A Couple Roberts crab don't remember where from.
And I have nine apple and crabs to move from nursery to orchards.

Also 25 Sandhill Plum
25 Hazelnut

I didn't do good late summer into fall keeping track of exactly what or where I had ordered trees from this year, was busy with to many other projects and hunting but did get some different things ordered!

From OneGreenWorld 2 more White Cloud apple
A couple Yellow Transparent with a couple others but I can't remember where from or the exact order...suprise box in March I guess.
A Couple Roberts crab don't remember where from.
And I have nine apple and crabs to move from nursery to orchards.

Also 25 Sandhill Plum
25 Hazelnut

I didn't do good late summer into fall keeping track of exactly what or where I had ordered trees from this year, was busy with to many other projects and hunting but did get some different things ordered!
Where did you get your hazelnuts from?

2 Turning Point, 1 Roadkill crab and 1 Ed’s Crazy crab, all from Bluehill. I will probably graft 7-10 trees that will go in the ground in the fall also and a couple bear damaged trees that will be topworked. Bears only wrecked 2 trees this year which is a huge win.

Where did you get your hazelnuts from?

I think ColdStream Farm out of MI but I'm not 100% on where I ordered everything this year.
I have bought hazelnuts a few times from them in the past and they have grown great.

(2) saturn peaches and a granny smith from stark. 2 hewe's, golden russet, and 2 gin pears from mehrabyn nurseries in ithaca ny. A barlet pear and a franklin cider tree from willis as well as 18 bareroot crabs transcendent, dolgo, and american, 3 wild apple, and 2 wild pear. turkey creek 2 empire, big dog, and golden delicious.

Just put in about a dozen whitetail crab trees in too liberty ,enterprise, 30-06, droptine, and crossbow.

going 1/2 4 legged and 1/2 2 legged varieties.

Blue Hill
1 #5 Crab
1 Golden Hornet Crab
1 Road Kill Crab
1 Harvest Pear

Arbor day Foundation (For $10 donation)
5 Flowering Trees
5 Norways
2 Crape Myrtles

Still making out my local Conservation District but I think this is what I'm going for
20 Norways
10 Hazelnut
10 Winterberry

Whitetail Crabs
2 Rut Rage Pears
2 Enterprise Apples
1 Liberty Apple
1 Crossbow Crab

Bolu Tree Nursery
7 Nuttall Oak seedlings

I've a variety of 20 different applecrabs from Blue Hill coming. Very excited to get them in the ground. I really hope all the hype blue hill gets isn't a let down.

I've a variety of 20 different applecrabs from Blue Hill coming. Very excited to get them in the ground. I really hope all the hype blue hill gets isn't a let down.
They’re on standard rootstock so don’t get discouraged by slow growing/producing trees. Have to think 5-10 years down the road at least.

From a local Land and Water conservation department.

25 Colorado Blue Spruce - for Xmas trees.
25 Dolgo crabapple - to be grafted and sold in the fall.