All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exceptional Persimmon?

Brush farmer

5 year old buck +
Check out the production on the persimmon I recently found. The picture really doesn't do it justice, this was just a lower branch that I could get a good picture of. The whole tree was covered in fruit, some branches were heavier than the picture but the sun wouldn't let me get a shot.
I don't know that I've ever seen this much production from a persimmon. The tree next to this one had a good crop but nowhere what this one has. The fruit is a little smaller than I typically see. Average size is probably about the diameter of a quarter. Think this is a candidate for some grafting?

IMG_2307.JPG

I think so...That's a lot of persimmons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that a multitude of smaller fruit might be better for holding deer and turkey because they'll have to stay under the tree and spend more time picking around. It also might help keep one animal from being able to hog what has dropped. I'll be keeping an eye on it this fall to see when the persimmons drop