Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John.....Was wondering if anyone offers a weather station to work with Cudde Link? That could be a great product for guys like me that are absent from the land all winter. This is an example of a cellular set up.....but it would be nice if Cudde would integrate it into their system.
i dont know of any, but i can see the value in it. They just have so many other pressing ideas and projects right now that i cant see this happening anytime soon.

i dont know of any, but i can see the value in it. They just have so many other pressing ideas and projects right now that i cant see this happening anytime soon.
Yep....I can appreciate that there is lots of other to do. In this scenario tho.....maybe Cudde could let the weather station guys design it and partner with them on the marketing of the product. Let someone else do the design work (which may be mostly in place anyway?). Just a thought.....and I know little of such things.

I ran out of pics for this month yesterday/last night because we added 4 new cameras recently. I upped the data plan this am. How soon should I expect it to start sending pics again?

might take a day or so

Reactions: 356
for future reference if you check the overage box it will automatically keep sending,
It mentions something about a fee for the overage. Do you know what the cost is?

Regardless, I was due to upgrade the plan. We're up to 10 cams, so it was time. I actually got by for a month or two by dialing back the pic interval. There isn't a ton to see early spring. Bucks are finally starting to show antler development, so I'll up the interval soon.

It mentions something about a fee for the overage. Do you know what the cost is?

Regardless, I was due to upgrade the plan. We're up to 10 cams, so it was time. I actually got by for a month or two by dialing back the pic interval. There isn't a ton to see early spring. Bucks are finally starting to show antler development, so I'll up the interval soon.

Here is what I found.
d180b947007f816fa05f1fb752bb915c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is consistent with what I got charged last fall if I went over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$5 is the overage charge , sometimes its better to run a less expensive plan with overage box checked for a few months to see what your average is , then once you know you can upgrade or keep the plan the same base don what you use.

My current Cuddling system has been deployed two years this weekend. The G-series camera has not been touched in two years. It is mounted on a tower stand with a PWS-3600 solar unit. Four J-series cameras (all with PWS-3600 solar units) are operating with minimal issues (ants, particularly seem attracted to Cuddebacks). All four J-Cameras purchased in January 2020 are still working well. For the first two years they operated an a link to the house system, not a cell system. Battery life was the big issue with my early AA versions. Since adding solar, battery life has not been a concern. Last year I added an L-series black flash. Today I added a PWS-3600 solar unit to that camera.

If someone would have said ten years ago (when I started using the Moultrie Mobile two-piece cell system), "hey, here is a camera that you can deploy and not touch for two years" I would have thought "no way." I am happy to post this positive report.

My current Cuddling system has been deployed two years this weekend. The G-series camera has not been touched in two years. It is mounted on a tower stand with a PWS-3600 solar unit. Four J-series cameras (all with PWS-3600 solar units) are operating with minimal issues (ants, particularly seem attracted to Cuddebacks). All four J-Cameras purchased in January 2020 are still working well. For the first two years they operated an a link to the house system, not a cell system. Battery life was the big issue with my early AA versions. Since adding solar, battery life has not been a concern. Last year I added an L-series black flash. Today I added a PWS-3600 solar unit to that camera.

If someone would have said ten years ago (when I started using the Moultrie Mobile two-piece cell system), "hey, here is a camera that you can deploy and not touch for two years" I would have thought "no way." I am happy to post this positive report.
I'm with you on the quality of the Cudde products!

I'm going into my third season this year. I have 7 cameras. I took all my cameras down this past winter.....which I did not do to all of them in the past. I save a few bucks on cell service and dont worry about them being in the weather all winter without me near by to service any issues.

All of mine are D cell with the main camera also having a battery pack with rechargeable D and a solar pannel. Until last December that camera was out for over two years and never had to be maintained. I kept the same rechargeables in it but did replace all the D-cell alkaline batteries this year. I use the Rayovac high energy batteries (Amazon). I have a combination of G and J cameras.....all with D cells.

I still do have another solar unit and two battery packs to put out. I've considered more solar and rechargeable batteries but have not purchased more. I only do one or two battery replacements each year.....as I run the batteries about 6 or 7 months. Batteries cost me about $1 each (x 4 / unit) and are relatively inexpensive.

I'd buy the Cuddlnk system again.

Reactions: 356
I like mine as well. I have them all on D batteries that lasted 4 months per camera. I am happy with that. I can honestly change them easy enough that I don't think I will invest in the solar panels for now. Pictures are a little more grainy and not as clear sometimes as I would like. Is there different file sizes? I honestly havent had the time to look. Other ways to improve picture sharpness?

I like mine as well. I have them all on D batteries that lasted 4 months per camera. I am happy with that. I can honestly change them easy enough that I don't think I will invest in the solar panels for now. Pictures are a little more grainy and not as clear sometimes as I would like. Is there different file sizes? I honestly havent had the time to look. Other ways to improve picture sharpness?
The only way to get the full resolution pic is to get them from the memory card. It's only transmits a low res pic via cell.

Have a G-series cell unit that's 5 yrs old, 5 j-series 5 yrs old and 4 L-series (got last year), and a repeater. I buy all the d batteries every year, and yeah, it does cost a little money to do it this way. I leave them out for 6 months, and other than replacing the fresnel lenses, and batteries, have had no major issue. 356's post has me thinking I just need to buy the solar panels...
Yes, I've seen better picture quality on other cams (not a big deal at all), and, I've had some minor issues I had to deal with, but, I'm pleased with Cuddelink and will buy more units after I get some solar panels.