Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Curious if anyone is running both G series and J series and your thoughts on if the G series are worth the extra money. I have a G series system running for a little over a year. I’m definitely satisfied with the cams/system and I’m debating whether to invest in another batch of cuddelinks for another property. The price savings is around 2k on J vs G for a 15 camera set. My neighbor purchased few J series bundles and I helped him set everything up the other day. Looking at the initial pics of his emails(day pics) I didn’t notice any difference in quality with his settings set exactly as mime. Also, are the battery packs a necessity with the J’s too?
Yes the D battery pack will be a necessity, you will need to get the AA pack off and the D pack on to get the battery life you are looking for.

This is very intriguing. Any more than info on placement etc?

I just grounded it underneath the metal on antenna and let it hang straight down. No guarantees, but it appeared to help while I was there. It was 99+ degrees in the woods and I really didn’t give it my full attention, but it appears to help some. I had another camera under a hill that it didn’t really help at all or very little anyway. It will be 2-3 weeks before I get back to club. Maybe I can give it a little more effort.

I’m wondering if it would help if I got it away from tree by using a stand like Cudde makes. I would get a good signal, walk 4ft to a tree and lose signal.

“Necessity is the mother to all inventions”

Attachments

• 9EB3F2A5-84E2-4509-B654-6F76C51F14F6.jpeg
    9EB3F2A5-84E2-4509-B654-6F76C51F14F6.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 44
I have 6 G-cams, 1 J-cam, and a Cell Home. I would like the cameras to take 3 pics followed by a 10 sec. video and I want the pics sent to me immediately (sans video). Except for 1 camera at the feeder which would need some sort of delay between triggers. Power drain is not a concern as all nodes are within 400 yards of my home. Could someone please help me figure out what settings I should use to accomplish this? Thank You!!

I would take a trip to check on the camera. It could be a host of things.
Sucks because I just put them out 9 days ago and camp is 4 hours away. Does anyone know if customer service can remote test the camera? As in tell it to email a test page?

Last edited:
I have 6 G-cams, 1 J-cam, and a Cell Home. I would like the cameras to take 3 pics followed by a 10 sec. video and I want the pics sent to me immediately (sans video). Except for 1 camera at the feeder which would need some sort of delay between triggers. Power drain is not a concern as all nodes are within 400 yards of my home. Could someone please help me figure out what settings I should use to accomplish this? Thank You!!
No video in cuddelink mode. Also, burst mode will not transmit all the pics in cuddelink mode, only the 1st pic is sent. You can certainly run 3 pic burst mode while cuddelink is off. There was a new update (7.7) that was discussed a few pages back that covers burst mode and cuddelink mode and their incompatibility. As for as pics and video I'm not sure if these cams can do that while cuddelink is disabled. I only use these cams in cuddelink mode.

Sucks because I just put them out 9 days ago and camp is 4 hours away. Does anyone know if customer service can remote test the camera? As in tell it to email a test page?
I would call CS asap to find out. I had a K cam go down due to a bear. Also racoons could be a nuisance, trees falling, vandalism, ants, signal issues etc....it really could be a lot of things. But if it hadn't sent a report since Aug 31 something is definitely wrong. Sometimes cams will miss 1 report but several seems unlikely. It sucks but it happens unfortunately.

I just grounded it underneath the metal on antenna and let it hang straight down. No guarantees, but it appeared to help while I was there. It was 99+ degrees in the woods and I really didn’t give it my full attention, but it appears to help some. I had another camera under a hill that it didn’t really help at all or very little anyway. It will be 2-3 weeks before I get back to club. Maybe I can give it a little more effort.

I’m wondering if it would help if I got it away from tree by using a stand like Cudde makes. I would get a good signal, walk 4ft to a tree and lose signal.

“Necessity is the mother to all inventions”
https://en.baltic-labs.com/2014/06/tiger-rat-tail-for-handheld-radios/

Did you use the formula in this article for wire length or did you just "wing" it?

CS can determine if you cell is trying to send , you will need your name and possibly your IME numbers when you call in.

you cannot set your camera to do this when in cuddelink mode. 1 image per trigger will be sent and/or a 5 second camera delay is the shortest that will send each image. Video mode is disabled when in cuddelink mode, video files are to large to send via RF.

Since the Cuddelink has different channels that need to be set I would assume that each channel is a different frequency. Does anyone know where to find a list of the frequencies. I looked in the advanced manual I have but none were listed. I would like to try the rat tail rig and see if there is a difference.

Since the Cuddelink has different channels that need to be set I would assume that each channel is a different frequency. Does anyone know where to find a list of the frequencies. I looked in the advanced manual I have but none were listed. I would like to try the rat tail rig and see if there is a difference.
Good point. I'd be interested in this as well.

No video in cuddelink mode. Also, burst mode will not transmit all the pics in cuddelink mode, only the 1st pic is sent. You can certainly run 3 pic burst mode while cuddelink is off. There was a new update (7.7) that was discussed a few pages back that covers burst mode and cuddelink mode and their incompatibility. As for as pics and video I'm not sure if these cams can do that while cuddelink is disabled. I only use these cams in cuddelink mode.
OK, forget the video, only interested in Cuddelink mode. Can I just get 1 or 2 pics (per trigger) sent to me immediately? I don't want to wait for hours while they sit in que.

you cannot set your camera to do this when in cuddelink mode. 1 image per trigger will be sent and/or a 5 second camera delay is the shortest that will send each image. Video mode is disabled when in cuddelink mode, video files are to large to send via RF.
Thanks for your help! OK, forget the video, only interested in Cuddelink mode. Can I just get 1 or 2 pics (per trigger) sent to me immediately? I don't want to wait for hours while they sit in que.

CS can determine if you cell is trying to send , you will need your name and possibly your IME numbers when you call in.
Thanks John calling CS today

Thanks for your help! OK, forget the video, only interested in Cuddelink mode. Can I just get 1 or 2 pics (per trigger) sent to me immediately? I don't want to wait for hours while they sit in que.
In your cell home menu set the CC Rate to Batch 1... this will give the fastest possible send rate which will of course be limited by the length of time it takes for an individual picture to make its way to the home unit through the Cuddelink mesh. Adjust from there to optimize/balance the traffic control of the system.

In your cell home menu set the CC Rate to Batch 1... this will give the fastest possible send rate which will of course be limited by the length of time it takes for an individual picture to make its way to the home unit through the Cuddelink mesh. Adjust from there to optimize/balance the traffic control of the system.
I will warn you digau56, if you have several cameras that are even just a little bit active at the same time, the system will back log for days. By doing that you are accomplishing the exact opposite of what you wanted. I've been there and done that. I now have mine set to 1 hour and I rarely have any back log. Although it does happen at times.

Last edited:
I will warn you BAbelFW673, if you have several cameras that are even just a little bit active at the same time, the system will back log for days. By doing that you are accomplishing the exact opposite of what you wanted. I've been there and done that. I now have mine set to 1 hour and I rarely have any back log. Although it does happen at times.
So true!! But its my belief that we each need to shoot ourselves in the foot from time to impress upon us what not to do! :emoji_head_bandage: Each system is different and needs to be tailored to suit as far as individual camera delays, CC Rate, etc. goes. Start from a known point and then find your way out of the woods.

Not sure but I think if you look back in this forum, is where I saw 900mhz. You won’t be far off if you’re close. The bandwidth is only 900-928mhz. It’s basically just a ground plane. Only a couple of bandwidths allowed for this type use by the FCC.

So true!! But its my belief that we each need to shoot ourselves in the foot from time to impress upon us what not to do! :emoji_head_bandage: Each system is different and needs to be tailored to suit as far as individual camera delays, CC Rate, etc. goes. Start from a known point and then find your way out of the woods.

Good grief!! LOL All I'm trying to do, besides monitor the wildlife, is get notified ASAP when I have a trespasser on my property! I can't go out and run them off if I don't get the pics for several hours. Thanks guys. Running version 7.4, don't think I will upgrade to 7.7. My problem is I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly all the terms mean. Is FAP the time between pictures during a burst, or is it the reset time between triggers? Same for the 5 sec. delay! Sorry, but I have read the manuals until nearly blind and am still confused. :-)