Cuddeback's Cuddelink

they wont be as you described. But they will increase the life or the period of time you can leave your cameras and home units without changing out batteries.
Dang. I am wrong again!

it all depends on how many remotes you have and how many total pics per day you get, the batch 30 is the most efficient since it only emails when it hits 30 images received (other than once a day when the report is built). If you are getting a lower number of images sent home or a low number of remotes once per hour is fine. When the home cell unit is emailing it shuts down the CL network for 6-7 minutes,Menaing it is not receiving images form the remotes during that time. This images nee dot wait until the home is done emailing before it can start receiving them again. If you are getting a high volume of images sent home this can lead to the possibility of the home unit getting behind and not catching up. The best route is to start at batch 30 or 20 and work your way shorter if you prefer to get more emails sent with less pictures. We have customers getting 500 or more images per day and we have others who get 20 or less it all depends on your situation. The number of links is important to. If you have cameras that are using multiple links to get home its best to keep the CL network on as much as possible. I cant give you an exact number to go by since everyones system is a bit different.
I will say for the average user once per hour is fine.
Thank you, John. Do you ever take time off? Happy New Years, either way.

Triggering the armed Cuddylink cam... I am using solely the G-5079, 5086, and 5062, but in general what factors contribute to the camera PIR sensor causing the camera to take a picture?

Two category's I would imagine. Factors under my control, and, factors not under my control.

Factors not under my control:
A. Precipitation (falling snow or rain) - big or small impact to camera firing?​
B. Ambient temperature (cold or hot) - target fur density may go along with this.​
C. Exact location/distance of target with respect to camera - game trails and sign obviously do help.​
D. Size of target - smaller animals more difficult to detect.​

Factors under my control:
E. Camera height above ground and angle up/down - 3 feet is suggested, but 10+ feet is much better to prevent theft/vandalism.​
F. Camera setting "wide" or "centered" - centered is suggested, I assume to minimize empty pics.​
G. Compass heading of lens - generally the lens aimed North reduces empty pics caused by sunlight.​
H. Obstructions between target and camera - minimize/eliminate branches etc.​
I. Angle of anticipated target movement in relation to camera - walking towards camera, or perpendicular to camera, seems like perpendicular is more reliable.​
J. Accurate aiming to anticipated target location - testing with "walk" function (especially tedious with high mounted cams).​
K. Camera delay (3 shot burst vs 5 second delay, etc) - seems like 5 seconds is best if we are using CL. On non-CL cams I like burst better, but not applicable to CL since only the initial image will transmit.​
What am I missing? What else to add or correct? Other opinions?

My targets are fur bearers - fox, raccoon, fisher, bobcat, coyote. Personally, I would rather have some empty pics and not miss any targets. Looking through thousands and thousands of pics is no fun either.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?
70ac6c7d70e4f4e551457daf8a6d1e55.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?
70ac6c7d70e4f4e551457daf8a6d1e55.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
take batteries out and leave out for at least 10 minutes. put new or full batteries in , hit CL clear , clear card as well if error doesn't go away you should call cudde direct to set up a return .

Triggering the armed Cuddylink cam... I am using solely the G-5079, 5086, and 5062, but in general what factors contribute to the camera PIR sensor causing the camera to take a picture?

Two category's I would imagine. Factors under my control, and, factors not under my control.

Factors not under my control:
A. Precipitation (falling snow or rain) - big or small impact to camera firing?​

B. Ambient temperature (cold or hot) - target fur density may go along with this.​

C. Exact location/distance of target with respect to camera - game trails and sign obviously do help.​

D. Size of target - smaller animals more difficult to detect.​

Factors under my control:
E. Camera height above ground and angle up/down - 3 feet is suggested, but 10+ feet is much better to prevent theft/vandalism.​

F. Camera setting "wide" or "centered" - centered is suggested, I assume to minimize empty pics.​

G. Compass heading of lens - generally the lens aimed North reduces empty pics caused by sunlight.​

H. Obstructions between target and camera - minimize/eliminate branches etc.​

I. Angle of anticipated target movement in relation to camera - walking towards camera, or perpendicular to camera, seems like perpendicular is more reliable.​

J. Accurate aiming to anticipated target location - testing with "walk" function (especially tedious with high mounted cams).​

K. Camera delay (3 shot burst vs 5 second delay, etc) - seems like 5 seconds is best if we are using CL. On non-CL cams I like burst better, but not applicable to CL since only the initial image will transmit.​

My targets are fur bearers - fox, raccoon, fisher, bobcat, coyote. Personally, I would rather have some empty pics and not miss any targets. Looking through thousands and thousands of pics is no fun either.
if your targets are those furbearers listed i would start with your cam even lower than 3 ft. most of those animals are less than 18" tall. other than that everything you listed is good methods ,

take batteries out and leave out for at least 10 minutes. put new or full batteries in , hit CL clear , clear card as well if error doesn't go away you should call cudde direct to set up a return .
Thanks. I got it to work by changing the batteries (I had tried what you suggested a couple of times with no luck). I hope it continues to work but the batteries that I had in it were not old at all when I put it out last time. It took 4 pics and did nothing for the next couple of weeks. I couldn't find an 04 error on the internet. There were lots of other errors listed but not an 04. Maybe I'm just lucky... or special! :)

Thanks. I got it to work by changing the batteries (I had tried what you suggested a couple of times with no luck). I hope it continues to work but the batteries that I had in it were not old at all when I put it out last time. It took 4 pics and did nothing for the next couple of weeks. I couldn't find an 04 error on the internet. There were lots of other errors listed but not an 04. Maybe I'm just lucky... or special! :)
I would test in the house or outside for a couple days without deploying it if it does it again send it in for repair or replacement. It’s should still be within the 2 year warranty period.

Sometimes a single cell goes bad before the others. Instead of throwing out all the batteries (as I used to), I now use this:
Amprobe BAT-200 Battery Tester
For $5 delivered, this tester works great. Small enough to carry in the field. Quickly test dozens of batteries.

I would test in the house or outside for a couple days without deploying it if it does it again send it in for repair or replacement. It’s should still be within the 2 year warranty period.
Barely had it a year (maybe a month or two less) so it should still under warranty. I have it 100yds from the house right now, will check daily for a few days to make sure it's okiedokie. Thanks.

ps - what is the 04 error? I'm curious...

Barely had it a year (maybe a month or two less) so it should still under warranty. I have it 100yds from the house right now, will check daily for a few days to make sure it's okiedokie. Thanks.

ps - what is the 04 error? I'm curious...
post timeout error

Sorry dumb question here. I got my CL cameras for Christmas and set them up and everything appears to be working well. What are the steps to checking the home SD card. The manual says to just press the Up arrow to disarm the camera? is that correct? It didn’t seem to do much. If yes, how do I rearm the cam after replacing the SD card? Thanks and Happy New Year.

Sorry dumb question here. I got my CL cameras for Christmas and set them up and everything appears to be working well. What are the steps to checking the home SD card. The manual says to just press the Up arrow to disarm the camera? is that correct? It didn’t seem to do much. If yes, how do I rearm the cam after replacing the SD card? Thanks and Happy New Year.
press the top left button until the light is above the word "arm"
that should be in your manual as well.

A lot depends upon what you're trying to accomplish and the methods you intend to use to capture the fur bearers. Different folks have different intents and their intents tend to dictate their setups which in turn presents varying challenges:

Are you scouting for trapping, hunting, or removal?
Are you wanting to study their habits, movements, etc?
Are you just wanting to get the best quality and most interesting pictures of individual critters?
Will you be using bait/lures or are you wanting to remain passive in their environment?
Etc....

By the way Freddy, I'm not ignoring your request for metering info... will post when I get a chance.

Last edited:
possibly in the future but no plans for 2019 as of now.

John,

Currently I have 8 Dual Flash G series cameras (G-5017 I believe) and a home unit (Model 1385) for collecting the pictures. Can I replace the cap on the home unit with a Verizon cellular cap or do I need to buy the Model 1491 model of the home unit? Also, if I get my home unit to be cellular by one of the methods described above can my G series cameras send back to home and this home unit send to my phone or do I need to have cell caps on all my G series camera? I hope this makes sense...

one thing that helps ALL cameras last longer is to try not to bring them in and out of a warm/cold environment to much - bringing them in from low temps to a 70 degree house allows moisture to potentially get inside the camera.

Are you saying it is better to leave them out year round? I always take my cameras down about middle of December and put them back out in the spring. What is the best way to do this if you do not want to leave them out all year?

A lot depends upon what you're trying to accomplish and the methods you intend to use to capture the fur bearers. Different folks have different intents and their intents tend to dictate their setups which in turn presents varying challenges:

Are you scouting for trapping, hunting, or removal?
Are you wanting to study their habits, movements, etc?
Are you just wanting to get the best quality and most interesting pictures of individual critters?
Will you be using bait/lures or are you wanting to remain passive in their environment?
Etc....

By the way Freddy, I'm not ignoring your request for metering info... will post when I get a chance.
Thank you very much for the reply. Looking forward to your insight. I am scouting for both hunting and trapping. Fur bearers primarily, but also 2-legged critters (trespassers) and whitetail as well. Not so much interested in quality of pics as long as I can ID the species. The big thing is not missing a critter that walks by. Of course that is more difficult if cams are 10 feet off the deck. In most cases I am not using bait or lure - so remaining passive in the environment. Thanks again.

This is what I will do for some cams placed 2 or 3 feet high. The rest will be 10 or 12 feet high. Right now I am testing at 3 feet. Even on private property, where I am, these cams are just too expensive to risk.

John,
I have a Cell Home that has been armed for 3-4 months and sending images via email. I noticed this morning that i didnt receive any images, so i checked the unit and tried to send a test to my phone but i got the message as Failure. What could cause this error? The last images i received were on Dec 31st.

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

John,
I have a Cell Home that has been armed for 3-4 months and sending images via email. I noticed this morning that i didnt receive any images, so i checked the unit and tried to send a test to my phone but i got the message as Failure. What could cause this error? The last images i received were on Dec 31st.

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

Have you went to the Cudde website and make sure your cell plan is active. Is it in a marginal cell service area, only time I got the failure was when I didn't have good service.