All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Close" apple

Telemark

5 year old buck +
Anyone heard of it or know anything about it?

Thanks. Looks like Summered and Yellow Transparnt planted with it will cover pollenation needs. Wish I could find more on the taste. It says "sharp", so i guess that means sour.

Sharp is an English cider term. Acidic but not bitter/tannic. The other types are sweet, bittersweet, and bittersharp. Bitter means high tannins. Sweet is low acid.

Well I bought it, along with a Yellow Transparent(labelled as Transparente Blanche). They're both supposed to be early apples, which is a good thing in our climate here. They were half price, and i just couldn't resist.

I'm a little late with info but Bussey describes it as Large in size, oblong-conic. Flesh is white, coarse-textured, tender, subacid with a short storage life. Good quality for dessert and kitchen use. Early in season, Triploid. Tree is vigorous, upright- spreading, productive, early bearing. Often blooms too early for serious fire blight infection.

It should be good for a dark, sour cider to have alongside the traditional skin-on pork rib roast we eat here in fall and winter. As well as a few fresh off the tree early in the season.

Here's "svineribbe":
svineribbe_BIG.jpg

I found a description, but the key was omitted in the online preview if the book.

Screenshot_2019-03-26-08-50-59.png

Any idea what "6 E D" means? Or the bit at the bottom with F, T3, and P? Looks like triploid, upright, very hardy, and eat early August.

Looks like you're right. Thanks.