All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

building an 8x8x16 deer blind

8’ for the ceiling above your head or 8’ for the floor?
8' to the floor of the blind.

ah, ok. I thought maybe I was overlooking a joke somewhere. After wrestling the post hole digger by myself for 4 holes, I was in no condition to mix concrete by hand. And the mixer makes it so easy to get it mixed evenly.

I inherited that a few months ago from my grandfather. He had left it outside for decades, so the engine was trashed. When I opened the oil fill, there was corosion inside the block. Nothing else important was damaged from decades outside. I intend to store it outside, and I don't want to fight with the engine. So I cut the engine bracket off and welded a receiver hitch tube on it. Then I welded the engine bracket on a piece of box tubing. The engine installs in 5 seconds like a trailer hitch. The mixer can be left in the woods, and engine can live in the garage at home.

View attachment 43374
View attachment 43375

Something I hadn't thought of until yesterday, since I put a receiver hitch on the front and back of my atv, the engine has its own place for the ride in.

View attachment 43376
This is brilliant!

I started the next phase on the deer blind.

IMG_2280.JPG

4k (8mp) security cameras arrive next week. It will be a while before its all hooked up, but eventually I'll be able to watch everything live on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_2281.JPG
    IMG_2281.JPG
    522 KB · Views: 14
I got far enough to briefly power it up this afternoon for some testing.
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG

Can you post some pictures of the toilet, shower, and hot tub in there? 😄

I can get you a picture of the toilet next time I'm out there. Its a delux portable model. It looks very much like a toilet seat on a 5 gallon bucket, but don't let that fool you, its very classy!
There is no shower (no waterfall in the creek).
Here's a photo of the hot tub. There is a spring under those burning cat tails.
IMG_1387.jpg