Arrowhead and other historic/pre-historic collections

Certainly looks like it was worked. Don't know what it is though.

I went for a short walk this morning. Got rain last night so I thought they might be visible. Didn't find anything except chips. I'll go again soon.

Looks like it was flint knapped into some kind of a tool and then broken with modern farm machinery. I keep those all day long.

There must not have been many native Americans where I am. We have never seen anything that would resemble a human made object…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe some type of scraper? I'd post a picture of that here https://forums.arrowheads.com/
In the what did I find forum. They will know what you have.
Did you join that forum, Hillrunner? When we found a nice point about 5 years ago I tried joining that group to help learn about the point and others. They never allowed me to join, and so I found the Treasurenet group, and they've been helpful, but don't bend over backwards to tell people what they have. If someone asks, they might get 1 or 2 replies, unless it's really special. The good posters are experts, it's really impressive.

There must not have been many native Americans where I am. We have never seen anything that would resemble a human made object…

I actually think north central KS is a known hot spot for indian artifacts. I can tell ya... I have a lifetime of playing outside and never found any until I looked for them. Even then it took some research and the right spot to get anywhere with it.

Did you join that forum, Hillrunner? When we found a nice point about 5 years ago I tried joining that group to help learn about the point and others. They never allowed me to join, and so I found the Treasurenet group, and they've been helpful, but don't bend over backwards to tell people what they have. If someone asks, they might get 1 or 2 replies, unless it's really special. The good posters are experts, it's really impressive.

I'm a member of that site. They've been very helpful and I've made a few contacts through the site that were very helpful. Weird that you couldn't join.

I actually think north central KS is a known hot spot for indian artifacts. I can tell ya... I have a lifetime of playing outside and never found any until I looked for them. Even then it took some research and the right spot to get anywhere with it.

Well, you come up anytime and school me. We have a small valley at the confluence of a small spring fed creek and a major creek. I can’t believe it’s never been inhabited. Maybe I’ll go down tomorrow and see if these rains make anything stand out.

That's a good point about not finding them until you actually look for them. Our old home farm where my dad grew up and where most of the good stuff was discovered by he and his dad, is no longer owned by the family, and the renter of it now is a guy I know well. I asked if he's found anything and he says no. He's used the moldboard plow in there, and has gone so far as to take a few pieces of flat pasture that weren't farmed or tilled since before my grandpa bought that farm in the 40s, and broke them out by flipping the soil over and now farming yearly row crops. It's almost sickening to me to think what's laying there. He's just not the kind of guy who has any interest in keeping his eyes peeled for an arrowhead.

I'm a member of that site. They've been very helpful and I've made a few contacts through the site that were very helpful. Weird that you couldn't join.
Yeah IIRC you had to wait on getting an email to be able to sign up, and I kept trying and they never sent an email.

You too, Mort! Come on out and find some cool stuff!

OK but I want to find ol 1-eye!!

This may or may not help T-Max, but it works for me. If you look for high spots near creeks that have been disced or plowed you can up your odds a lot. The red marks are where I find 90% of what I have found. A guy can put a lot of miles on their shoes being in the wrong spots!

Screenshot_20240429_072520_Gallery.jpg

That's a good point about not finding them until you actually look for them. Our old home farm where my dad grew up and where most of the good stuff was discovered by he and his dad, is no longer owned by the family, and the renter of it now is a guy I know well. I asked if he's found anything and he says no. He's used the moldboard plow in there, and has gone so far as to take a few pieces of flat pasture that weren't farmed or tilled since before my grandpa bought that farm in the 40s, and broke them out by flipping the soil over and now farming yearly row crops. It's almost sickening to me to think what's laying there. He's just not the kind of guy who has any interest in keeping his eyes peeled for an arrowhead.
Any chance the guy will let you walk it?

This may or may not help T-Max, but it works for me. If you look for high spots near creeks that have been disced or plowed you can up your odds a lot. The red marks are where I find 90% of what I have found. A guy can put a lot of miles on their shoes being in the wrong spots!

View attachment 64139
I've got three little knobs that fit that to a T. Only problem is, they are the only spots I haven't tilled since they would be prone to erosion. But now you got me thinking and I will look on the lower slopes coming off of those. I did disc those last spring to plant my soybeans. My drawing was beginning to look way too much like a face not to add the frown... 😂 Red is the knobs and the green lines are the slopes I may go look. 😊
Places to look.png

Lol!!!

I think erosion gives up the best goods! Build a few terraces and hook up the plow! Kidding, kinda