All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ariel mapping.

Deer Kar

5 year old buck +
It's raining buckets out side with no chance to work on my spring improvement list for the next several days so I'm back to staring a this screen to get my fix of habitat improvements . I'm trying to find a good FREE and easy to use Ariel satellite image website that I can add boundary lines and markings on. I have seen many posts with different types but have not used any of them.

Nov. WOW your lucky Waupaca's software is really nice compared to Clark county's.

Last edited:
I just use microsoft paint and doctor up aerials with that. Its easy to use and I am sure there is something much better out there, but it works for what I need.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of using google maps, or whatever image is the most up to date. Take a "snippet" or screenshot and put it into paint. FSA has maps, bing maps, google maps, google earth, etc. If you are interested in area calculators I find this link to be pretty awesome, someone had posted on the other forum a while back. Makes guesstimating food plot size more factual than just dividing (length(yds) * width(yds))/4840 to get rough estimation.

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

Last edited: