All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 bow buck

hillrunner

5 year old buck +
I shot this buck on the 28th of October over a decoy. He's an old buck that I decided to target this year . I had a couple close calls with him before sealing the deal over a decoy.
20231029_095527.jpgIMG_20231029_102252.jpg

Congratulations!

Heck yeah! That face does look like a grandpa

Nice buck Hillrunner, congrats! Old, mature bucks are sometimes the toughest ones to outsmart.

Nice job!

Great buck ! Nice area to hunt !

Nice buck! Cool wrap around beams. I wouldn't want to be that wide 10 in your woods in a few years.

Awesomeness

Did you call with the decoy?

was it a buck or doe decoy?

Awesomeness

Did you call with the decoy?

was it a buck or doe decoy?
I'll make a long story short.
I had observed him to be pretty aggressive with other bucks that came into this area, so I planned to take advantage of that. The night before I killed him, I was able to call him in to under 25 yards with rattling and grunting. I was unable to get a shot that night, but he did not catch on to my presence. I came back with a buck decoy the following night to give him something to look at. I think I grunted at him 1 time to get his attention. Once he saw the decoy, he was having none of this stranger in his area.

Congrats on a great buck!! Thanks for the pics and story.