Bale Blind question

Ben.MN/WI

5 year old buck +
I have a 10 year old bale blind that was made by Redneck that has worked really well for us for years. Over time, the outer grass mat layer has blown off and I've tried some landscaping mulch rolls as a replacement, but that only lasted a year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use as a grass type outer layer replacement that could last several years?

If the original lasted you a good long time, they do sell replacement covers through Redneck.

We have used Fast Grass (duck blind camo) before and it holds up pretty nicely.

We have used Fast Grass (duck blind camo) before and it holds up pretty nicely.
That's a good idea. I've had that last years on a boat stored inside.

Do you think deer know the difference? Once they are used to it I think adding something might actually be worse.

Do you think deer know the difference? Once they are used to it I think adding something might actually be worse.
I don’t think it makes much difference to the deer, but it looks nicer to me with the grass covering!

I would assume that the OP is not leaving the blind out year round. Maybe so.... though I would think the canvas shell would be rotted after a few years as well. I have put a blind covered with Fast Grass right next to real bales and had deer within 30 yards of me on the same day.

I’ve left that bale blind in the same spot for about 10 years. The grass cover fell off, but the black tarp type inner layer is still in good shape.