All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Treestand Recommendations

Thomasc19

A good 3 year old buck
I'm looking to get 1 new hang-on treestand and 1 new climber; does anyone have any recommendations? Any models you think I should stay away from?

My main concerns are ease of transportation / setup / quietness

Thanks for the advice!

When I was still using deer stands I had a SUMMIT climber that worked pretty good. I'm sure there have been lots of improvements since. That was almost 20 years ago.

I was going to say a lone wolf sit and climb but good lord they $700 used on eBay. If you are rifle hunting and just need to jack up a tree and be comfortable, summits and api’s will do the trick but they are like carrying a recliner on your back.

For hang ons, if I need to be mobile it’s lone wolf or those elevates look good. If I’m hanging it and leaving it, I like the millenniums

Got to agree with bwoods...the Millennium Monster 150's are my go-to for hang on stands. Pricey....but worth every penny and they excel at your 3 concerns...portability, ease of set up, and quietness. I have one M100, the M150's smaller version, and that too is great.

Another vote for the M150. I think it is more comfortable than most ladder stands. Buy a couple of the collars if you know you will have a few different trees to set it up in but don't want or can't have a have a permanent ladder stand for that spot.

Does the m150 seat fold up so you can stand close to the tree instead of sticking out?

I am a big fan of the XOP hang on stands. They are lightweight, comfortable, easy to hang, and always quiet. They are a little cashy nowadays - about $200 around me.

I am a big fan of the XOP hang on stands. They are lightweight, comfortable, easy to hang, and always quiet. They are a little cashy nowadays - about $200 around me.

XOP is what I use for a lightweight "portable" "mobile" stand. Basically a Lone Wolf type stand but made in china and cost a lot less.

My steel milleniums are "hang and leave" stands. They are more cumbersome for hang and hunts but are a little bigger/more comfortable than XOP if it's not going to be getting set up multiple times a year. Being steel, they are priced better than the ultralight portable AL options too.

Another vote for the M150. I think it is more comfortable than most ladder stands. Buy a couple of the collars if you know you will have a few different trees to set it up in but don't want or can't have a have a permanent ladder stand for that spot.
Sportsman’s Guide has good price on the M150. If you buy a 3 month membership you get free shipping.