Rain

We got SUPER LUCKY last night. Had a wall cloud with lots of rotation headed straight towards the house, then another storm popped up behind it and changed it's path. It was only a couple of miles away and strengthening when that happened. Got some rain, some hail, lots of wind, and a spectacular lightening show for the night.

Screenshot_20240430_214151_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240501_112422_Gallery.jpg

Yea I probably cursed myself... went and picked up my soybean seed this morning as it was too wet to do anything after I drug all the rock back on the driveway at the farm that got washed to the bottom of the hill. There was a lot of lightening last night in certain cells as well. I love a good light show as long as it doesn't hit anything of value or somebody!

Yea I probably cursed myself... went and picked up my soybean seed this morning as it was too wet to do anything after I drug all the rock back on the driveway at the farm that got washed to the bottom of the hill. There was a lot of lightening last night in certain cells as well. I love a good light show as long as it doesn't hit anything of value or somebody!
Ha! I thought I was the only one who had to chase gravel after every rain. I actually found something that doesn't was too bad at washing out. My guy calls it 2-3 inch blue rock. It's staying put pretty well.

The road down to our bottom fields washes soooo bad. Have to drag it back up all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I thought I was the only one who had to chase gravel after every rain. I actually found something that doesn't was too bad at washing out. My guy calls it 2-3 inch blue rock. It's staying put pretty well.
The neighbor who shares a highway entrance with us over at the farm called the county and complained that they weren't keeping the shoulder up very well where we both turn to come into our driveways. They dumped a load of AB-3 and it has stayed in place well through the rains we have had this Spring. I don't really like the look of it though .... I am kind of a gravel snob! LOL My brother used crushed concrete on his driveway which is relatively steep. It took a few loads but now seems to be stay pretty solid and in place.

We've had such consistent rains that it has eliminated last fall's D3 drought around home.

Still haven't gotten into the fields to plant anything yet. Been raining every other day which has slowed down my tree planting and other projects planned before spring plots.

Supposed to have a creek crossing project completed through EQIP and 3 of the last 4 years it's been dry by May. This year it's plum full which will delay the start of the project. I don't want to complain because I'd rather be wet than drought, especially with our hills, we don't have flooding issues too often.

This is what a tornado warned storm looks like from the backside. Got a bit intense for a while, but we dodged almost everything including the rain…
54476abd0035af47232afa2e88f94a85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I love those watching those storm clouds that look like that. It looks like we may fall in the gap for the storm front tonight, I am perfectly happy with that.