All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prairie Valley Farm

Well, I think I may have a target buck for next year if he can make a couple more weeks. This 8 has been pretty regular on the farm this fall. Almost all night time, or very near night time activity. Hopefully I can coax him into the daylight. I can’t imagine how nice he could be next year. That is a HECK of a buck for this area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you misspoke. You said that was a heck of a buck for YOUR area. Brother, that’s a heck of a buck anywhere!

I think you misspoke. You said that was a heck of a buck for YOUR area. Brother, that’s a heck of a buck anywhere!

Haha, well… for only having 1 single legal buck (13” inside spread) in the 5 years of running cameras before this season, and never seeing a buck on it in the 30+ years before that, this is a absolute HECK of a buck for this place!!! I never thought I’d see so many decent bucks passing through this place.

Last edited:
That video I posted earlier had some footage of a hole I cut through an interior fence, and a video of a couple of the 9 or 10 cedar trees I removed to get equipment and a fire break through. The resident doe group wasted no time using it. This video is 12 hours after cutting the gap. They came through it to a ridge with white oaks, hit the feeder for about 10 minutes, and then passed back through it back to bed.