All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Old scope

b116757

5 year old buck +
Over at my mother-in-law’s this evening replacing a couple common LED bulbs in her garage with a couple 100 watt LED’s we then help load trash into a trailer and she gives my middle boy a scope she found cleaning in the garage. It’s a new in the box Westernfield 2.5-7 power scope leather scope caps included. Paperwork states this was their top of the line center fire scope. We may try mounting it to a 22LR the boys have that came from her father would a fitting scope for that old 22. It’s also a Wards Westernfield gun. Doubtful that I can find scope mounts compatible with the rifle but it would be cool.IMG_0507.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpeg
    IMG_0508.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 25
Nice! I remember when Weaver was the go to scope. Haven’t heard of one of those in a while either.

Nice! I remember when Weaver was the go to scope. Haven’t heard of one of those in a while either.
Weaver and Redfield were both premiere scopes back in the day. I am not sure of the 22 rifle you have......but you still may find mounts for it. Not sure who was making those rifles for Monkey Wards back then? A little digging on Google should find you some answers. Is it a pump action or bolt action? (try to google Western Field pump action 22 rifle - for example)