All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book recommendation for building a lake?

Charles Clear

5 year old buck +
I am very green on building a pond or small lake. I am not sure where to begin or have no idea about the pipe needed for overflow and etc. Can someone recommend a good book to help me get started? First adventure is going to be a small pond for blue gill then hopefully a lake. Thank you!

I believe you will find everything you need to know on this forum:

There is lots to learn but many very knowledgeable people there.

-John

"Just add water" is the book pond boss people often recommend. https://www.pondboss.com/item?id=163

We have a 12 acre lake on our property and it is a lot of fun. Just got my second bluegill feeder today.

a pond is overwhelming sometimes... I currently have one under construction .Gonna shake out between 2 and 2.5 acres. There's a lot to consider.

I believe you will find everything you need to know on this forum:

There is lots to learn but many very knowledgeable people there.

-John

These fellas are the HT of pond management......worth a visit

bill

^^^ on Pond Boss ... they are go to place everything pond related.

I will toss a vote in for pond boss,... thought the forum was really good...the magazine was maybe a bit overrated had it for a year and let it go.

This is a good read... I have the book

Wetland Restoration and Construction - A Technical Guide Paperback – October 1, 2011​

by Thomas R. Biebighauser (Author)

Attachments

• 91ZDF5IF0BL.jpg
    91ZDF5IF0BL.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 11
I will toss a vote in for pond boss,... thought the forum was really good...the magazine was maybe a bit overrated had it for a year and let it go.

This is a good read... I have the book

Wetland Restoration and Construction - A Technical Guide Paperback – October 1, 2011​

by Thomas R. Biebighauser (Author)
Thank you! I bought it. Some good info.