All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24d Residual?

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
I have some browntop millet headed out and dry. It has been inundated with crab grass and johnson grass I want to get rid of. There are also a few broadleaf. If I spray with combination gly and 24d, will I get any residual effect from the 24d that would keep seed off the millet from sprouting. I would like to plant wheat there in a month and a half. Would any residual effects damage the wheat planting?

Dove field?

Do you plant anything for ducks in your bottomlands?

bill

I have some browntop millet headed out and dry. It has been inundated with crab grass and johnson grass I want to get rid of. There are also a few broadleaf. If I spray with combination gly and 24d, will I get any residual effect from the 24d that would keep seed off the millet from sprouting. I would like to plant wheat there in a month and a half. Would any residual effects damage the wheat planting?
Assuming an application of a labelled rate of 2,4d you'll be fine. I always add the assumption about using the label rate because, one time, I mis-mixed 2,4d. Do you know? If you mix 2,4d heavy enough it will kill everything!

Do you plant anything for ducks in your bottomlands?

bill
Yes - depending on when conditions are right - chiwappa, japanese, or golden millet. Missed the chiwappa window because it was still standing water. Going to plant some jap in the next couple weeks.