Ohio Farm Tours

A few soil testing tips

We couldn’t do what we love without those wonderful men and women. Here is our small way of supporting them!

There are a lot of great companies out there. Here is a little about how/why/what we wanted to bring to the table when it comes to food plotters to gardeners to farmers. Thanks for giving it a watch!

Ok ok. I know I know - I talk about exclusion fences a lot but I just cannot explain the importance enough. I continue to learn from them.

This field is new and has a sub 5 ph (although lime has been applied). Deer are eating in it often and it’s a good sized field (a few acres).

All that said - the Carbon Load is putting on TONNAGE right now. However, look at the inside of the cage in comparison. It’s a difference in feet! The deer have removed and kept the growth outside the fence at a reduced rate of regeneration.

Now that’s not all bad but certainly will help us to make decisions on doe harvest, foliar applications, and seeding/plant density to give us the best fields possible for our soils and wildlife.

IMG_6868.jpeg

What does your foliar plan look like for this plot based on what the cage is saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does your foliar plan look like for this plot based on what the cage is saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just using our fish+humics - working to create more biomass, period. However, I also have plfa, conventional and Haney tests here to further analyze if needed.

In the above post when I say “foliar applications” I simply mean, that using them to drive biomass will be helpful if/when I have time. Most of my fields I don’t need to use them as my biology is so high functioning and we are cycling nutrients. Altho, it won’t hurt - time is my biggest limiting factor so I’ll focus here vs. other fields.

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for asking the questions.

Albert

IMG_6869.jpegIMG_6871.jpegIMG_6883.jpegCannot believe we are into velvet season already!! Cannot wait to watch these suckers grow!!!

My attempt to explain ph in 60 seconds